Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bahama Mama Punch



With the warmer weather, I'm starting to think about sipping a tropical drink while lounging on my deck.

An old favourite of mine for parties is the Bahama Mama Punch. There are lots of variations, but this makes a simple but powerful punch for the backyard barbeque and outdoor party. The recipe calls for 2 full bottles of liquor, but since I'm not much of a drinker, I prefer to cut the liquor in half. It's entirely up to you.

1 can unsweetened pineapple juice (the very, very large size equal to about 8 to 12 cups)
1 can unsweetened orange juice (the same size as the pineapple juice above)
1 26 oz. Caruba Rum (dark)
1 26 oz. Coconut Rum liquor

Mix all ingredients in a punch bowl. Add lots of ice. Decorate with orange slices and marschino cherries.

1 comment:

  1. I'm wondering by "can" of juice...what size do you mean? Sounds delicious and simple!

    ReplyDelete

*

*