Thursday, February 12, 2009

Best Ever Buttercream Icing



I scoured the internet recently to find the best buttercream icing in order to find the best buttercream recipe ever. I found this exact recipe in two places - Martha Stewart's website and another that said it is the recipe from the world famous bakery in New York who made cupcakes popular. Both bragged that the recipe was the best in the world. So I decided to try it and I have to agree. It will be the one I use from now on exclusively.

Makes enough for 30 cupcakes.

1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
6 to 8 cups confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Combine butter, 4 cups icing sugar, milk, and vanilla. Beat until creamy for 3 to 5 minutes. Add remaining sugar, 1 cup at a time. Beat for 2 minutes after each addition.

6 comments:

  1. I made a similar icing (instead of milk i used carnation condensed milk) and it was AMAZINGLY delicious :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a delicious recipe. How would you adapt it for chocolate flavour?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not certain how to adapt it for chocolate. However, I don't think a few spoonfulls of chocolate powder would alter the recipe too much.

    I think I'll try it next time I make this recipe.

    Thanks for leaving the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does anyone know, does this icing crust?

    ReplyDelete
  5. you could add 1/4 cup of chocolate powder!!!! delicious

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your recipes...very easy and helpful...thaks a lot..

    ReplyDelete

*

*